When it comes to summer in Boston, nothing beats sinking your teeth into a mouthwatering lobster roll. This beloved New England delicacy is a must-try for locals and visitors alike. Whether you prefer it warm with melted butter or chilled with a touch of mayo, Boston offers an array of fantastic options to satiate your lobster roll cravings. In this post, we present the ultimate guide to the city’s top five lobster rolls, ensuring a delectable and unforgettable dining experience.
- Neptune Oyster: Located in the historic North End, Neptune Oyster is a seafood haven renowned for its exceptional lobster roll. Served on a buttery, toasted bun, their lobster roll features generous chunks of succulent lobster meat drizzled with melted butter, making for a heavenly bite that captures the essence of New England’s culinary traditions.
- Row 34: Nestled in the Fort Point neighborhood, Row 34 is a bustling seafood-centric eatery that delivers a lobster roll experience like no other. Their rendition features a toasted brioche bun piled high with tender lobster meat, dressed in a delicate house-made mayo, and garnished with chives. The combination of flavors and textures will leave you craving more.
- Belle Isle Seafood: For an authentic local experience, head to Belle Isle Seafood, located just outside of Boston in Winthrop. This hidden gem offers a classic lobster roll that showcases the freshest catch. Prepared with care, their roll features chunks of lobster meat tossed in a light mayo-based dressing, nestled in a buttery, toasted roll, ensuring a simple yet satisfying taste of New England.
- James Hook & Co.: A Boston institution since 1925, James Hook & Co. is a family-owned seafood market that serves up a lobster roll that stands the test of time. Their lobster roll is all about showcasing the star ingredient—fresh, sweet lobster meat—lightly dressed with mayo, served on a traditional New England-style hot dog bun. Enjoy this classic favorite while taking in the waterfront views at their location near the Boston Harbor.
- Yankee Lobster Company: Situated in the vibrant Seaport District, Yankee Lobster Company is a casual seafood joint adored by locals. Their lobster roll is a true crowd-pleaser, featuring chunks of succulent lobster meat, lightly coated in mayo and served on a grilled and buttered bun. Pair it with their famous clam chowder for the ultimate New England seafood feast.
Conclusion: If you find yourself in Boston this summer, be sure to indulge in the city’s top five lobster rolls. From the iconic Neptune Oyster in the North End to the hidden gem Belle Isle Seafood in Winthrop, each establishment offers a unique take on this beloved New England delicacy. With buttery buns, tender lobster meat, and flavorful dressings, these lobster rolls are sure to satisfy your cravings and leave you with a lasting taste of Boston’s culinary excellence.